Personal Solictiors
Clinical and Medical Negligence

Need advice on Clinical and Medical Negligence?

What we do
Help with Clinical and Medical Negligence

When we undergo a medical procedure or treatment we trust that the professionals looking after us will care for us properly.

When situations of medical or clinical negligence occur, we can find ourselves left suffering from negative consequences, sometimes with additional health issues, and seeking answers.

Jarmans Solictors has a proven history of working on a variety of medical malpractice claims and can work on a no-win no-fee basis.

With any medical negligence claim you must be able to prove that the health care professional in charge of your care failed to adequately carry out their responsibilities and that this is caused you to suffer avoidable harm. Our team will empathetically guide you through the process, advising you on the evidence that you need to prepare your case.

Examples of medical or clinical negligence include (but aren’t limited to):

  • Retained foreign bodies following surgery (medical instruments)
  • Undergoing an unnecessary/wrong operation
  • Infection from poor hygiene
  • Too much/too little anaesthetic administered
  • Nerve damage or organ injury

In all cases you must be able to evidence that there was a breach of duty (that the professional failed to treat you in the way that you should have been) and that you suffered avoidable harm (that negligent care and not your existing medical condition caused you harm). The second point can be difficult to prove if you are already suffering symptoms from an existing illness.

In order to improve the chances of success in receiving compensation you will need to gather evidence of the impact that the malpractice has had on you. This means that you will need to obtain full copies of your medical records, detailed statements, and expert opinions.

If you feel that you have been the victim of clinical negligence it is important that you begin your claim quickly. You must claim within 3 years of the date of the injury or the date that you discovered that your injury/illness was the result of medical negligence. Parents and guardians can make a claim on behalf of children any time before they reach 18. Once a child turns 18, they can then make a claim on their own behalf until they reach 21. In cases where the claimant does not have the mental capacity to claim on their own behalf, there are no time limits to when a claim can be made for them.

If you believe that you or someone you care for has suffered from medical malpractice, make an appointment with our team of solicitors to discuss how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.  

Need help

We offer legal advice for all your Clinical and Medical Negligence needs. If you would like to contact us or book a consultation with a member of our team please fill in the 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 01795 472291 or email

We are unique as a firm as we provide and have access to a range of funding options and advice, such as conditional fee agreements, discounted CFAs, damages based agreements, litigation loans and litigation funding.

Make an Enquiry
By filling out this form, you agree to the terms laid out in our privacy policy
Thank you!
Your submission has been received, one of our team members will be in touch soon.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

How We've Helped People

Chris took the time to explain several items and offered some very good advice. I will definitely use them again.


Excellent service here. Needed a one off legal document and they were able to accommodate us the next day. We were given good advice. Highly recommend.

Read More
news sign up

Keep Up To Date

By filling out this form, you agree to the terms laid out in our privacy policy
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Google Maps Generator by

How to Find Us

Jarmans Solicitors Second Floor,
Bell House, Bell Road,
Sittingbourne, Kent,
ME10 4DH.

Ask a Question
Find us on Google Maps
Jarmans solicitors Jarmans solicitors Jarmans solicitors
Jarmans solicitors
Ask a Question