Personal Solictiors
Personal Injury

Need advice on Personal Injury?

What we do
Help with Personal Injury

In life, accidents can happen and you can sometimes find yourself sustaining a personal injury that wasn’t your fault.

Where an injury is the fault of someone else, you may be able to claim compensation for injury, associated expenses and lost earnings.

A personal injury can take place anytime and anywhere; at work, in a car accident, at home, when you’re out and about, at school or in a creche, on holiday. Because of the vast range of situations and locations it means that any claim will be very specific yours or the claimants’ needs and requires specialist legal advice.
Jarmans Solicitors have experience specialising in a variety of personal injury compensation claims and are able to offer representation on a no-win no-fee basis.

For the majority of claims you must ensure that your case is issued or resolved no later than 3 years after the date of the injury, different circumstances have differing time limits. The only exceptions to this rule are where a child is making the claim (they may claim at any time before they are 18 and after that up until they become 21), and where the claimant does not have the mental capacity to make the claim themselves (in these cases there is no time limit).

Claiming compensation for a child

Where a person under the age of 18 has been involved in an accident that has caused an injury, for example at school, in the playground, or at childcare, their parents or legal guardians can pursue a claim on the child’s behalf.

Accidents at work

We understand that experiencing an accident at work and seeking compensation from your employer can be a difficult and worrying experience. However, it is vital that you receive proper legal advice to ensure that any compensation you receive is fair. Our team will guide you through the process, working to maintain a positive relationship with your employer.

Industrial disease claims

If you discover that you are suffering from an illness caused by exposure to unsafe working conditions, you could have the grounds to make an Industrial Diseases Compensation Claim. Illnesses that can trigger a claim include (but aren’t limited to), Asbestosis, Mesothelioma, hearing loss, repetitive strain injury (RSI), dermatitis, and vibration white finger.

Criminal injury

If you have been injured as a result of being a victim of a crime you can recover compensation through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB) which is a government run scheme.In order to claim you must have reported the incident to the police within 6 months of the crime occurring and must have cooperated with the Police in bringing a prosecution.

Fatal accident claims

Sadly, sometimes accidents can be fatal and the loss of a loved one can be compounded by a loss of financial security. You may be able to make a compensation claim if you are a financial dependent of the person who has passed away. It is also possible to make a claim on the behalf of any children that they may have.

Holiday and travel injury claims

Sometimes holidays don’t go to plan and you can get taken ill or suffer an accident. Tour operators have a duty of care to ensure that their customers aren’t exposed to injury, infection or disease, and that their accommodation is safe and hygienic.

If you become ill or suffer an accident on holiday you must make sure that you document what happened, taking photos where possible, report it to your hotel and travel operator, and seek medical assistance if required. If you have travel insurance you should also notify your insurance company. If you decide to bring a claim, you should find legal advice as quickly as possible as regulations about compensation vary in different countries.  Additionally, different countries have different limitation dates which can become even more complicated if the accident occurs on a plane or on board ship.

If you believe that you or a loved one may have a reason to claim compensation for personal injury, contact us to make an appointment with our personal injury team.

Need help

We offer legal advice for all your Personal Injury needs. If you would like to contact us or book a consultation with a member of our team please fill in the 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 01795 472291 or email

We are unique as a firm as we provide and have access to a range of funding options and advice, such as conditional fee agreements, discounted CFAs, damages based agreements, litigation loans and litigation funding.

Make an Enquiry
By filling out this form, you agree to the terms laid out in our privacy policy
Thank you!
Your submission has been received, one of our team members will be in touch soon.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

How We've Helped People

Chris took the time to explain several items and offered some very good advice. I will definitely use them again.


Excellent service here. Needed a one off legal document and they were able to accommodate us the next day. We were given good advice. Highly recommend.

Read More
news sign up

Keep Up To Date

By filling out this form, you agree to the terms laid out in our privacy policy
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Google Maps Generator by

How to Find Us

Jarmans Solicitors Second Floor,
Bell House, Bell Road,
Sittingbourne, Kent,
ME10 4DH.

Ask a Question
Find us on Google Maps
Jarmans solicitors Jarmans solicitors Jarmans solicitors
Jarmans solicitors
Ask a Question