What we do
Help with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
Jarmans are one of the only firms of solicitors in the area who offer legal advice on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) can make accessing education challenging at the best of times, so when SEND services fail, it’s important to ensure that you have a legal representative who understands.
Our SEND legal team headed by a specialist solicitor works alongside children and young people with SEND, and their families and carers, to help to ensure that they receive the representation and education that they deserve. Our SEN and Disabilities legal team covers the following areas:
- Initial advice in respect of options to secure appropriate provision for a child with SEND
- SEND in a mainstream educational setting
- Assisting with the first steps when making a request for an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP under the Children & Family Act 2014)
- Appealing refusals by Local Authorities not to carry out a Needs Assessment (the first step)
- Appealing refusals by Local Authorities to issue an EHCP following the completion of a Needs Assessment
- Appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disciplinary Tribunal
- Appeals and disputes over the content of an EHCP which lacks provision for your child and/or you object to the named school
- Children in Need Assessments (Section 17 Children Act 1989)
- Disability Discrimination Claims
- Advising on complaints to the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman
- Advising on applications for Disability Living Allowance
If you are a young person with SEND or care for a child/young person with SEND and want to challenge a local authority decision, appointments for our SEND Clinic are available on Wednesdays from 12.00 – 15.00. A 30-minute consultation costs £99+VAT.
We offer legal advice for all your SEND needs. If you would like to contact us or book a consultation with a member of our team please fill in the 'Make an Enquiry' form or call us on 01795 472291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org